when it is necessary to unhide a partition in hard disk, users are advised to download the powerful third party partition manager – MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Situation: I have a Dell laptop with windows 7 OS. I noticed that all of my four drive partitions (C, D, E, and F) are primary type. However, after restarting the computer one day, I can’t see my D, E and F partition (only C is visible). It seems that there is an error for drive letters. And in Windows snap – in disk management utility, I can see the 3 partitions without drive letters. They are hidden now. Thus, who can tell me how to unhide the partitions in hard disk? Thank you.
It is true that one can hide a partition to protect the private information. Nevertheless, how about unhiding it? When one wants to unhide the partition, what can he do to show the hidden partition? Don’t worry. Here are two solutions for you reference.
Turn to Windows Built in Disk Management Utility – Diskpart
To unhidden Windows 7 partition, please follow the words below.
- Click on “Start” and input “cmd” in the search bar. Then type “diskpart” and press enter.
- Type “list volume” and press enter.
- Type “select volume 8” (the hidden partition) and press enter.
- At last, type “assign letter J” (J stands for the drive letter) and press enter.
Nevertheless, we can notice that this method is complex for the common users. And any misoperation will lead to great data loss. In addition, this method does not work all the time. Well then, is there any convenient way to pull users out of the trouble? You can find the answer in the next way.
Resort to Third Party Software – MiniTool Partition Wizard
To simplify the whole process, I’d like to suggest users to use MiniTool Partition Wizard. This professional partition magic can fulfill the task with ease. Fitted with preview function, people will never be worried about losing important data.
Unhide a Hard Disk Partition with Freeware
Before doing any operations, please download the program and install it into the computer. Then, run it to enter into the main interface.
- Choose the specified partition to unhide in Win 7. And then click “Unhide Partition” from the left panel to go on.
- Set drive letter to the partition. Then, click “OK” button to return to the main window.
- To execute the pending operations, please click “Apply” button from the left top corner.
Two methods to unhide hard disk partition have been introduced for users. In my view, for ordinary people, showing hidden Windows 7 partition with MiniTool Partition Wizard will be highly recommended. Choose the one you like whatever.