Is your hair frizzy, curly or unruly? Do you want to go for straight, glossy hair? Then have you considered Keratin Hair Straightening treatment. This deep conditioning treatment changes the texture of the hair so that it can remain straight, without using chemicals and heat.
What is keratin?
Keratin is a protein that is naturally found in the outer layer of hair. And when this outer layer is damaged it makes hair unhealthy. Consuming protein-rich food can increase the keratin level and keep the hair healthy. Sometimes Keratin concentration in hair can vary and we might need external help in the form Keratin Hair Straightening treatment Salons.
How keratin straightening works?
Keratin straightening is a temporary procedure that turns your frizzy, curly hair into straight, shiny and healthy looking hair. The products comprise of chemicals like formaldehyde (long-lasting smooth effect), conditioner and keratin. The keratin is applied on the hair’s cortex which repairs and smoothness the strands.
A stylist will apply the product to your hair and then use flat iron to seal it. The procedure can last for 90 minutes or more depending on the length of your hair.
Benefits of keratin hair treatment
- It is a replacement for the loss of keratin protein naturally found in our hair.
- Since this treatment seals the keratin into the cuticles, it keeps the hair moist, repairs and strengthens the hair shaft making the hair more resilient.
- This chemical free treatment could reduce the blow-dry time by 40 to 60 per cent. You do not have to use straightening iron rods or other heated styling equipments.
- Be it man or a woman, it is best for curly, frizzy and coarse hair. It is also recommended for those who have damaged their hair due to chemical treatments like coloring, bleaching, etc. Those with straight or thin hair can also opt for the benefits of keratin products.
- If you have colored your hair prior to the treatment, it will seal the color and prevent from fading.
- You don’t have to use any hair straightening sprays or gel after the treatment. With regular shampooing, hair returns to its earlier state and, you can again for keratin hair treatment.
Maintaining your hair
Do not wash hair for 72 hours after the treatment and use sodium and sulfate free shampoo only. The result could last for two months or a bit more. Remember to check with your dermatologist if you have psoriasis or dermatitis before you go in for the treatment.
Get in touch with a qualified stylist today if you want a shinier, flexible and healthy hair!